Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Saving money!!!

So I have been trying to save money on groceries for the past few weeks. I keep hearing about how all these people save so much money with coupons on double & triple coupon days. So I decided to give it a try myself. This morning I got up early, yes early, to go grocery shopping. Bloom started there triple coupon days today and they are doing it for a whole week (usually they do it for one weekend out of the month). So I have been saving up my coupons that I clip from the Sunday paper and print online and I went shopping. Bloom will only triple coupons under a dollar and they will only take up to 20 coupons per day. I grabbed only the stuff I needed that I had coupons for...and the result....$50.00 worth of groceries for only...$13.00. Pretty good for my first time triple couponing. I was quite proud of myself. My bags included: 4 things of BBQ sauce for grilling that I ended up getting for FREE after my coupon, shaving gel, dish soap, yogurt, breakfast bars, tinfoil, ziploc bags, italian ice (ended up being FREE), pop-tarts, plates, and a few other things. The key is to get things that you will actually use and eat. Some people get wrapped up in the thrill and end up buying things that they will never use. It was definitely quite an experience to get there early on the first day. These coupon people can be intense...I hope that doesnt end up being me, haha. Some even had there kids there to shop too so they could use more than 20 coupons in one trip. I wonder if they would consider Roxie to be a grocery shopper...haha. Anyway, just thought I would share what great savings you can find out there when you save up and use your coupons : )

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm so inspired!! If you take Roxie, please capture some pictures!