Last night some of my best friends and I had our 7th annual Friend Thanksgiving. We started this tradition when we were roomates in college and I am so glad we have continued it every year since. For me it usually signifies the start of the Holiday season and I start to think about the many things I have in my life that I am thankful for. My pastor preached a sermon yesterday morning about Thanksgiving and reminded people to be thankful for the big and small things in your life. He said to make of list of things you are thankful for and you can see the many ways that God has blessed your life. Below is my list (I restricted it to 20 things so it wouldnt get too overwhelming) of some things in my life that I am thankful for. Each blessing is from God and we must remember to first and foremost give thanks to Him for His abundant grace.
Pslam 107:1 "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever."
I am thankful for...(in no particular order, except for the first 8 haha)
1. The fact that I have been saved by the grace of God
2. Jesus dying on the cross for my sins
3. My wonderful and amazing husband
4. My dad and the fact that we have breakfast together every sat morning
5. My mom, I only hope to one day be like her
6. For my sister, she is my BEST friend and for her husband Jimmy and his sacrifice protecting the City of Greenville
7. My soon to be born niece Alexis Lynn (I cannot wait till she gets here)
8. That I have THE GREATEST friends in the world (some since elementary school and recent ones too). I would do anything for them, and I know they will always be there for me too even if we can see each other as much as we would like too.
9. That I have a job during these hard times
10. My co-workers, they make the job so much better
11. That I was born in the United States, I am definitely proud to be an American
12. For all the men and women (especially Adam's brother) of the armed forces and their families who sacrifice their lives for our freedom
13. For our house (and the $8000 tax credit)
14. My cat Roxie, she is the best bed snuggle buddy
15. My puppy Rambo, I now understand the special bond between a dog and owner
16. That my husband, Adam makes me laugh every single day and we can have the best time just doing nothing
17. That I have a church that feels like home - Temple Baptist in Simpsonville, and for my pastor, Brad Whitt who preaches God's word and challenges me to be a better Christain
18. For Christmas, my favorite time of the year
19. A fun one…for M&M’s haha : )
20. That I have been blessed by having so much to be thankful for